This week on Dirtcoin Diaries, we’re exploring one of the best kept secrets in bitcoin.
Join Bitcoin novice, Christopher Carrion for another beginner friendly BitcoinEnemies meetup. Our special guest this weekend is Samourai team member and Kiboruto creator, Crazyk. Join us for an in-depth conversation on BIP47 payment codes, bitcoin’s very own stealth address system.
We’ll cover topics like:
- What are stealth addresses? What are BIP47 payment codes?
- Does everyone need payment codes? What are the benefits of using them?
- Why is this important for privacy?
- What are the drawbacks? How does it compare to other methods?
- What is a PayNym and what can I do with it today?
- How do I get my own payment code?
- Why don’t the people get what they want?? Shouldn’t this be widely supported? What’s the early history of BIP47?
- What’s in the future for PayNyms and BIP47 payment codes? What potential uses are on the horizon?
- When can we say goodbye to follow txs?
MAY 1 @ 1600 UTC
About Dirtcoin Diaries
Dirtcoin Diaries is a Bitcoin privacy meetup on Telegram voice. Join us for ClubCovid voice royale every Saturday at 1700 UTC and subscribe to Dirtcoin for upcoming feature meetups. Organized by biTcOinEneMiEs, hosted by you.